Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Trip Plan

For no good reason (other than letting a few friends and family track us across the country this winter), I want to chronicle our Christmas 2007 and New Years 2008 trip. This involves a road trip to Dallas from Menlo Park, CA that will take three days. Then there is a flight to New York somewhere along the way and eventually we will have to make it back to CA...but I don't want to think that for ahead just yet. So far I have only looked at the roadtrip part, and it looks like this.


View Larger Map

As you can see, we're staying the first night in Flagstaff and the second in Roswell. We'll try to take some pictures along the way and maybe post a few if we are in hotels with decent internet access.

We plan to leave early tomorrow...this probably means we'll leave at 10:00 once we've gone back and picked up all the things we forgot.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Trails!! Can't wait to see pictures of La La with an alien in Roswell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clay - I've never posted a comment before. It feels awkward. Who will read it? Will they think I'm odd? Am I odd?

    We miss you both already. Can't wait to see what this adventure will bring - be it cacti photos, buckles and spurs from New Mexico, or stories from the inside of mechanic shops.

    Merry Christmas and Hello to the Daigle and Box extended families!

    From California,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing that LL is most excited about stopping in Roswell - the site of her favorite tv show ever. LL, say hi to Max for me. I can't believe I remember his name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!
    I assume you are in Flagstaff so I hope your long drive down California went well.
    Are all the fires out in the south? If not I assume you stayed north of them as you headed east.
    Your Christmas tree looks wonderful. Do try to post a pic or two, that seems to work pretty well.
    Now I will try to post this, my first two attempts apparently didn't work.
    Love
    Dad

    PS How is your battery working?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, great pics. Lawson drove up just as I got home and William and Shea drove up just as I got back with the Jack's burgers, so the all got to see the windmills and burger hunters and desert.

    Everyone seems to think Walee will not get through Area whatever without a close encounter, so let us know what happens.

    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Clay, what do I always say?
    (Be careful!)
    Enjoy your road trip!!
    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete