Friday, February 25, 2011

Project 365

Last February I downloaded an app to my iPhone called Project 365. The idea is to take a photo a day and upload it to the app, one a day for a whole year. And while there was some cheating here and there, I managed to finish and just uploaded my 365th photo last weekend. The project is supposed to improve your photography skills as well as capture little everyday events in your life. I'm not so sure about the former and in fact I think the quality of my photos got progressively worse, But it is definitely fun to go back and look at how things have changed over the past 12 months. I seem to be focused a lot less on food and wine these days and a lot more on small puppies. Such maturity! Here are a few of my favorites...

Our monthly SF bus passes


A storefront in SF that I passed by on my way to work every day


Rainy season


You just never know what you're going to run into on the streets of SF


Fixin's at a favorite salad place


Clay's birthday scotch sampler


The Daigle's visit


I can't remember why we were having wine, but I do remember that it was during the day and that we were all giddy about it


The Caltrain station in SF


Trip to Seattle


Clay trying to figure out his hood and gown


Meeting Carson for the first time at the Waffle house in Ponchatoula!


In California your buggy gets to ride on a special escalator


A fun tapas place by our apartment that we discovered about a month before we moved away


I have a lot of shots of random puppies on the street -- this is one of the rare ones in focus


All packed up



The family all loaded up and on the bay bridge heading east


Clay on the first day of his new job, standing in our fancy corporate housing


Pulling up for the first time to look at what would become our new home


Meanwhile our time in corporate housing had run out and we were camped out at Greg's living like this. It was somewhere in here that we discovered that we were expecting. Pregnant and homeless! Yikes!


Our roomate Abby


Greg and Clay at the Silicon Labs marathon relay


Keys to the new house! Signed away all of our money for the next 30 years!


Clay got the guest bedroom all ready for his in-laws to visit


A note I found on my desk one morning


Trip to China for Clay to present his Ph.D. research


New furniture...the house is very much a work in progress


Teacup visits for Thanksgiving, along with some other assorted family members


Maggie! The subject matter of the photos becomes very...consistent...from this point on


Enjoying the patio


Just being cute


Learning to lie down


Working on the nursery. The birds on the mobile are named Claude, Chilly Willy, Mariam, Sailor Jake, and Wally. No we don't have names picked out for the baby, yet, but at least the birds on the mobile are taken care of...

2 comments:

  1. Wally as in a tribute to baseball player Wally? I hope so...
    Very cool idea--love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol -you met Carson at waffle house!

    ReplyDelete